Are you looking for an exciting internship within environmental sustainability and climate change? Take a look at this!
As an intern with focus on environment, climate change and resilience (ECCR) integration at We Effect, you will support the global ECCR advisor with specific tasks related to disaster risk (DRR) and enhanced resilience strengthening at We Effect. You will also support in the coordination of the global ECCR platform of We Effect.
We Effect supports the development of democratic organisations and societies that have the capacity to articulate the rights and needs of their members in respect of work, influence, services, incomes and livelihoods. The organisation works in 5 regions, and 25 different countries in South East Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America and East and Southern Africa. We Effect works with two main thematic areas: (1) sustainable rural development; and (2) Adequate housing.
ECCR is a mandatory programme, and cross-cutting, area of We Effect, and should be integrated within the two main thematic areas that the organisation work with. Based on We Effect’s Environment and Climate Change Policy and Strategy, the organisation works with four core areas within ECCR integration: (1) Environmental sustainability and Resilience (ecological and social); (2) Climate change adaptation; (3) Climate change mitigation; and (4) Disaster risk reduction (DRR).
We are presently in search of a person that can support the global ECCR advisor with programme related work and coordination tasks, either on full time or part time starting September 2019.
- Conduct a disaster risk assessment for the different regions (based on We Effects Risk Management Guidelines) and complied into a report.
- Support and strengthen the DRR regional work (e.g. capacity building and shared learning based on points of action from the report, disaster risk management plan template)
- Support the global ECCR advisor in coordination tasks of the global ECCR platform
- Completed relevant upper secondary education
- Good knowledge of English in speech and writing
- Work-related experience in development work
- Knowledge about environmental sustainability, resilience, climate change adaptation and mitigation, and DRR (Disaster risk reduction)
- Currently enrolled or completed higher education related to development studies and/or environmental studies
- Good knowledge in Swedish and Spanish
- Work-related experience in development work and/or humanitarian assistance with a particular focus on DRR and resilience
Terms of employment
This is a 6-months internship position starting from beginning of September 2019. It can be either a full-time or part-time internship depending on the availability of the selected candidate. It is a non-remunerated position.
Further information on the content of the position can be provided by Madeleine Jönsson, the global ECCR advisor at We Effect. Madeleine.email@example.com
The last day of application is June 20th 2019.