Kvinna till Kvinna is currently assessing our long-term presence in the South Caucasus region and developing a strategy for the next few years. In Ukraine we are just starting up a program since 2018. We are recruiting a Regional Manager responsible for this strategic work in South Caucasus and in Ukraine, to be stationed in the Stockholm office with travels to the regions.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that has been working since 1993 to support women’s rights organisations in conflict-affected areas. Today, we are about 110 employees divided into 14 offices. We support about 100 organisations in the Western Balkans, in Africa, South Caucasus, Middle East and Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the region of South Caucasus since 2002 with a regional office in Tbilisi, Georgia, and a country office in Ukraine since 2018. The operational capacity supports approximately 20 women’s organizations in the entire region.
As Regional Manager you have the overall responsibility for the strategic development of the region. You will be responsible for developing and managing the programmes in the region in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements.
You will also hold the overall managerial, administrative and economic responsibility including the total regional budget. You will be Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative for the region and responsible for keeping up-to date of the political, conflict and security situation in the region. It also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and local organizations and institutions.
As Regional Manager you are part of the Programme department management team, and report to the Head of Development Cooperation in Stockholm. The assignment requires several regional and international trips per year including management meetings.
You are responsible for all Kvinna till Kvinna operations in the region and supervise the head of office in Tbilisi and the staff in Ukraine, and the Grants Managers based in Stockholm.
- Ten years accumulated work experience, of which at least three years are managerial experience leading staff and management of similar group size, distance, focus and work tasks;
- Experience of development cooperation work in Eastern Europe/Eurasia, including knowledge in one or more areas of peace and conflict, gender equality, and/or development studies;
- working with or in conflict affected countries with security issues;
- voluntary work in civil society or other value-based programmes;
- operational development requiring analytical and strategic skills, including project management, follow-up; evaluation, assessment and reporting, especially results-based management and quality assurance;
- A minimum of a BA University degree;
- Good computer skills and experience from administrative and economic tasks
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English
- Driver’s license and good driver’s experience.
- Interest in/and experience of methods development;
- Worked with advocacy and at international fora;
- Experience of working in/or knowledge of the region South Caucasus;
- Good knowledge of Swedish, Russian
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable;
- Ability to prioritize and delegate and staying solution-focused;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situation.
- Encouraging leadership style
Terms and conditions of employment
This is a two-year contract full time with possibility for extention, subject to the availability of fund. Start of employment, 1st August 2019.
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden).
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than June 23rd 2019. Dont hesitate as interviews will be held ongoing
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Development Cooperation Annika Törnqvist: Annika.email@example.com tel: +46 (0)8 588 891 88 or +46 (0)70 203 87 30. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Emma Eklund, HR, firstname.lastname@example.org
Representatives for the local unions: Monica Erwér, akademikerförbunden, email@example.com +46 737 453
867 and Johanna Arkåsen, Unionen, firstname.lastname@example.org