Do you want to lead the development of IM’s work in the Middle East? Can you inspire, listen to and guide your co-workers in Jordan and Palestine to perform to the best of their abilities? Can you promote a conducive work environment and a culture of innovation? For the experienced leader we have an exciting and challenging opportunity.
IM is a Swedish NGO committed to empowering civil society, catalyzing profound societal change towards equality and democracy, as a feminist and anti-racist change agent. We base our work on a rights-based approach and we work with Social Inclusion, Economic Inclusion, Capacity of Civil Society and Enabling Space for Civil Society. Read more about us on www.imsweden.org
Role & responsibilities
As Regional Director you are responsible of contributing to IM´s strategic development and of leading and developing the operations in the organization of your region. You head the regional team, you play an important role in IM´s global team who jointly collaborate to reach the objectives of IM’s overall 5-year plan 2019-2023 and you report to the Head of Global operations.
Some examples of responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for compliance with IM policy, strategy, budget and guidelines and embrace IM’s organisational culture, values and working principles (such as Growth mindset, Simplicity and a Trust-based leadership)
- Overall responsibility for HR, Security and working environment in the region
- To enhance and develop strong relations with IM’s key partners and stakeholders in the Middle East
- You ensure a strong and collaborative team spirit between the staff members in the region, where Self-leadership, transparency and inclusion are guiding principles
- You represent IM both locally and internationally as a spokesperson for our goals, values and positions
Experience & qualifications
- You have a minimum of five years’ experience of development cooperation (preferably democracy and human rights).
- You have Management experience.
- You share IM’s values.
- You are able to work in a decentralized organisation where the Regional Director has a strong mandate to act independently, within established frames.
- Your leadership skills are characterized by trust, inclusion, innovation, strategic thinking and a constructive attitude.
- You possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
This is a plus:
- Working oral and written communications skills in Arabic.
- Understanding of current political, economic, social conditions and historical context of Jordan and Palestine.
We offer you to become part of a culture that is characterized by commitment and openness.
Duty station: Amman.
Starting date: 1st November, 2019 or according to agreement.
Length of contract: 2 years with possibility of extension.
Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter, including your salary requests, to email@example.com. Put ”Amman” as the subject.
Closing date for applying is 21st July, 2019.
For more information about the position, contact Anders Berg, Head of Global Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org.