Do you want to change the world by leading and developing one of our regions? For the experienced leader we have two exciting and challenging opportunities in an international environment.
We know that it is possible to change the world. But we also know that it takes time and requires persistence and courage. Diakonia supports programs that empowers people to leave poverty and oppression. Our work focus on Democracy, Human Rights, Social & Economic Justice, Conflict & Justice, Gender and Emergency Response and Disaster resilience. This work is done through 400 local organizations in over 25 countries in four regions. Our principals are the Christian denominations the Swedish Alliance Mission and the Uniting Church in Sweden. In Africa Diakonia has offices in 9 countries and the region handles a budget of MSEK 220. The Latin America portfolio contains offices in 7 countries with a turnover of MSEK 110 per year. Read more about us on www.diakonia.se
Role & responsibilities:
As Regional Director you are responsible of contributing to Diakonia´s strategic development and of leading and developing the operations in the organization of your region. You head the regional management team, you play an important role in Diakonia´s strategic management team and you report to the International Director at Head Office. Some examples are:
- Overall responsibility for compliance with Diakonia policy, strategy, budget and guidelines
- Overall responsibility for HR, Security and working environment in the region
- To maintain and develop dialogue with current and new back donors
Experience & qualifications:
We are looking for two experienced leaders that knows how to create and promote trust in the organization. You are an authentic and genuine people person, an excellent listener who truly believes in teamwork while you are very clear on mandate and decision making. You are pro-active and well organized and have excellent communication skills both speaking and writing. From your professional life you have extensive experience from:
- Development cooperation and work in different cultural contexts
- Social and political analysis from the relevant region.
- Diakonia’s prioritized thematic areas
- Management of donor relations and resource mobilization
- Financial management including budgeting
- Proficiency in English and Swedish is a requirement while French is desired
Latin America-specific requirements
- Proficiency in English, Spanish and Swedish
This is a plus:
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management
- Knowledge of Diakonia and the founding churches
We offer you to become part of a culture that is characterized by commitment and openness. We also offer a package according to conditions for sent-out staff.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Bogota Colombia
Start date: Nov 1st 2019
Employment type: Two-year contract with possible extension
Send us your application before June 3rd
Interviews may start before closure of the application period. We ask you to send your application, CV and cover letter, in English and mark it with the desired region. Tests may be a part of the recruitments.
The recruitment processes are managed by Lyttkens & Partners.
For inquiries, please contact our consultant: Ann-Kristine Lyttkens, phone 070-871 06 75
Akademikerföreningen: Robert Törlind, 08-453 69 27
Unionen: Annika Andersson, 08-453 69 20