For more than 45 years, Afrikagrupperna has worked in solidarity with organisations in southern Africa. Afrikagrupperna is a membership based organisation engaged in activism, lobbyism and fundraising. In southern Africa, we cooperate with organisations in Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe. Afrikagrupperna also supports the struggle for a free Western Sahara. Afrikagrupperna has 25 employees, operating with offices in Stockholm and Johannesburg.
As a Regional Communications Officer at Afrikagrupperna, you will provide updated and relevant information about Afrikagrupperna’s regional work to the Stockholm office and to the Swedish public. You have current contextual knowledge, you will keep close contact with local partner organisations and the Regional Communications Officer in Johannesburg, and create content for Afrikagrupperna’s external communication and fundraising. To perform your tasks efficiently, you need good knowledge and understanding of the context in which Afrikagrupperna operates, both in southern Africa and in Sweden, as well as experience from working with similar tasks. You will work in a tight partnership with the Regional Communications Officer based in South Africa.
Afrikagrupperna’s approach is the circle of solidarity and we are keen to include our partner organisations in our external communication. In this work, Swedish and English are necessary. Knowledge in Portuguese is desirable.
As part of a global organisation, you are humble and responsive to different cultural settings. You prioritise the needs of the group, and you always aim for an open and inclusive work environment. As Regional Communications Officer you are part of the Stockholm Office and part of the fundraising and communications team in Stockholm. You report to the Communications Manager.
- An academic degree or equivalent experience in communications or relevant field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with external communication such as photography, journalism and copy writing, social media, video production etc.
- Experience or equivalent understanding of how to conduct fundraising.
- Ability to analyse large amounts of complex information and process into easily understandable information
- Professional proficiency in Swedish and English.
- A creative mind with a doer mindset and able to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to take initiatives and complete projects independently
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience from civil society actors.
- Comfortable working with relevant actors at long physical distances
- Support Afrikagrupperna’s ideology.
- Knowledge in Portuguese.
- Experience working in/with international and intercultural teams.
- Experience from solidarity work.
- Experience from working in, or otherwise collected knowledge of, southern Africa.
Extent: Full time (35 hours/week). Permanent position.
Placement: Stockholm. Regular travels to southern Africa required.
Salary: The salary is based on Afrikagrupperna’s salary policy with a solidarity approach. This means that the salary follows set levels and is not negotiable.
Send your CV and cover letter (max one page) in English via this LINK, no later than Sunday 2nd of June.
For questions regarding the position, contact Communications Manager Carolina Köhler de Castro, email@example.com or 072-076 7399
For questions regarding the recruitment process, contact Simon Eriksson, HR manager, 072-076 7407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For union related questions, contact Unionen representative Jimmy Peterson, 072-076 7400 or email@example.com