GCF is looking for a regional manager with a focus on China and Russia
About the Global Challenges Foundation
The Global Challenges Foundation aims to inspire deeper understanding of the most pressing global risks to humanity – and to catalyse new ways of tackling them. Founded in 2012 by the Swedish financial analyst and author Laszlo Szombatfalvy, GCF is based on the belief that global challenges require global solutions and new forms of international cooperation are urgently needed in order to secure acceptable living conditions for future generations. To meet this need, the Foundation recently launched the Global Challenges Prize 2017: A New Shape, aiming to find ideas for new forms of international cooperation.
The Global Challenges Foundation quickly established itself as a leader in the global discussion on how the international community can cope with the greatest global challenges. We need access to excellent knowledge of and strategic partnerships in several key markets if we are to continue consolidating this role. We are now recruiting a regional manager to strengthen our position in China and Russia. This is a full-time position working from our office in Stockholm.
Areas of responsibility:
- Obtain knowledge about China and Russia with a focus on the entities and processes that shape the positions of these countries in terms of international cooperation on global risks.
- Actively market the Global Challenges Foundation and its activities in these markets.
- Make recommendations on the Global Challenges Foundation’s strategy for these markets including choosing strategic partnerships.
- Take responsibility for the Global Challenges Foundation’s relationships with leading university departments, think tanks, decision-makers and journalists in these markets.
- Coordinate the Global Challenges Foundation’s presence at events in these markets.
- Relevant academic degree
- At least five years of relevant professional experience based or specializing in China and/or Russia
- Excellent Chinese and/or Russian and English communication skills. Additional languages are a plus
- Experience in managing external relationships such as partners or clients in an international environment
- Media experience
Preferred personal traits and skills:
- Focus on goals and results
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- Flexibility and responsibility
- Ability to work in an independent, structured and systematic manner
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to set boundaries and priorities
- Understanding and respect for cultural differences
- Ability to work under strenuous conditions
About the position
Employment type: Full time
Term of employment: Fixed-term, 12 months
Place of performance: Stockholm, with international travel
If you have questions about the position, please contact Fredrik Karlsson at +46(0)723 95 95 11 or fredrik(at)globalchallenges.org.
Apply by 15 July 2017 by sending your cover letter and CV to rekrytering(at)globalchallenges.org.