Forum Syd is now looking for Resource Officer for our Sub-Granting Department at the office in Stockholm, Sweden.
Forum Syd is a civil society member organisation that works with development issues from a rights-based perspective. Our vision is “a just and sustainable world where all people have the power to effect change”. We work with advocacy and capacity building of partner organisations around the world, on issues relating to democracy and human rights, gender equality, and the sustainable use of natural resources. We also sub-grant funds from Sida (the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency) to Swedish organisations cooperating with local partners in 70 countries. We have offices in Sweden, Belarus, Cambodia, Colombia, Kenya and Somalia.
Forum Syd is in the process of becoming a truly global organisation, drawing on its varied resources in offices around the globe and benefitting from the context expertise from different regions.
Forum Syd is now looking for Resource Officer for our office in Stockholm, Sweden. This is a permanent position and the schedule is full time. The position includes working collaboratively with the three Forum Syd Hubs outside of Stockholm—in Colombia, Kenya and Lithuania—on a regular basis.
Areas of responsibility
- Conduct organisational reviews of all new organisations that seek grant funding from Forum Syd.
- Receive applications for funding; conduct first screening against grant criteria; and request additional information if needed.
- Upload applications to the management system (DIRA) and provide a list of the applications to the Head of Hub Multi-Regional.
- For the Hubs in Colombia, Kenya and Lithuania:
- Prepare agreements for approved applications and make sure they are signed by the proper persons at Forum Syd and the organisation receiving the grant.
- Receive and upload annual reports and final reports to DIRA, providing a list of the reports to the Head of Hub Multi-Regional.
- Archive all applications, reports, and agreements.
- Process a few grant applications each year, and support approved projects through final reports.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of Forum Syd’s application and reporting processes.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, workshops and conferences as needed and appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a relevant focus, such as Development Studies, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, and Human Rights, or equivalent qualifications obtained in another way.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in an international setting.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with a strong attention to detail.
- Service-minded and with strong communication skills.
- Good analytical and project management skills.
- Knowledge of and experience from civil society organizations, in Sweden and other countries.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written Swedish and English. Knowledge of Spanish and/or Russian an advantage.
Forum Syd is working for equal opportunities for all. We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, sexual orientation, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Candidates should submit an application in English, consisting of CV (max 2 pages) and Cover Letter (max 1 page) including summary of your key qualifications and relevant work experience for the position as Resource Officer including answers to the following questions:
- Why would you like to work with Forum Syd and what you can contribute with to the work of the Sub-Granting Department?
- What key qualifications and proven previous experience do you bring to the position of Resource Officer at Forum Syd?
Send the application in an e-mail to address: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject heading: Resource Officer) no later than May 4, 2017.
Work sample and language tests in Swedish and English may be applied in the selection process.
We look forward to your application!
Elisabet Eklind, Head of Hub Multiregional, email@example.com
Eva Närvä, Resource Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Petra Nergårdh, Head of HR and Organisational Culture, 08-506 370 53
Unionen representative: Lina Gamble, 08-506 370 67
Saco representative: Marie Karsberg, 08-506 370 27
By applying this service you agree that we process and store personal data.